Friday 2 December 2011

Linen Brooches

Collection 1

Collection 2
I have just completed two collections of linen brooches using my own drawings. I digitally printed them on to linen and then hand finished by adding paint, sparkle and stitch. For the first set I used a black background and for the second I left the colour of the line. These were all round in shape, lightly padded and soft to touch whereas the black ones were mostly rectangular, lightly padded but stiffened at the back.
Lotus design based on the ones I saw at Kew Gardens
Desmid design of a microscopic marine creature
All comments on the different designs and styles would be gratefully received.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh you've been busy/productive...good luck with this venture now and for the new year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your brooches Mavis. They're so pretty n look really professional xx

    ReplyDelete